- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of gluten free flour + 2 tsp of baking powder + ¼ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Using a mixer, cream butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat again until well combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Add gluten free baking mix in two batches and mix again. It won’t be so thick that you can’t continue mixing it, but it should appear “doughy.”
- Stir in chocolate chips, cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4-6 hours until thoroughly chilled. You should be able to roll the dough into balls before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Once chilled, scoop out rounded Tablespoon amounts of dough, roll them into balls and place them 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are just slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let rest on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to several days. Freezer for longer -term storage. (They taste just as good the 2nd and 3rd day as they hold their texture/flavor well.)